Insect Boards.com
Welcome to Insect Boards.com. We are a forum and market place for insect collectors, breeders and observers as well as a place for those into arachnids, invertebrates and more. You are viewing the forum as a guest right now, but once registered and logged in it will be AD free, you will be able to buy, sell and trade in our classifieds area, post in our forums, and so much more.

HomeGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

46&2's Malaysian Dead Leaf Mantis, (Deroplatys lobata)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fortysixandtwo

PostSubject: 46&2's Malaysian Dead Leaf Mantis, (Deroplatys lobata)   1/4/2017, 3:03 am

This is a Malaysian Dead Leaf Mantis nymph, Deroplatys lobata.

I stumbled across this species looking for something else and couldn't pass it up at the price. I had intended to buy at least 6 of these and hope one was a female, however the store only had 1 left, so I took it. It is unfortunately a male based on the abdominal segments and thorax. Can't find any more of this species anywhere. Looking to find more nymphs, an ootheca or adults. If anyone knows where to find this species in the USA I would be very grateful!

Thanks.

For housing he is in a small deli cup. Coco for substrate and a fake flower from the dollar store. Diet is 3-5 D. melanogaster per day. Believe he is a 2nd or 3rd instar nymph.

Back to top Go down
mothman27
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: 46&2's Malaysian Dead Leaf Mantis, (Deroplatys lobata)   1/4/2017, 8:15 am

Nice! Mantises are some of the coolest.

H. trisignata  -   E. imperialis   -   P. oculatrix   -   A. caesar
~-~-~-~-~Tim
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/loefflerlepidoptera
Canadian anter
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: 46&2's Malaysian Dead Leaf Mantis, (Deroplatys lobata)   1/4/2017, 11:34 am

I absolutely LOVE mantids. Too bad it's kinda hard to import exotics into Canada
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Owner

PostSubject: Re: 46&2's Malaysian Dead Leaf Mantis, (Deroplatys lobata)   1/4/2017, 12:56 pm

I love these things. I would let it crawl around my hands for hours just because they are so cool to watch!
Back to top Go down
http://www.insectboards.com
Insect Rod
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: 46&2's Malaysian Dead Leaf Mantis, (Deroplatys lobata)   1/4/2017, 4:19 pm

We usually have plenty of mantids in the wild but I don`t think we have that one.
insect rod
Back to top Go down
fortysixandtwo

PostSubject: Re: 46&2's Malaysian Dead Leaf Mantis, (Deroplatys lobata)   1/8/2017, 2:54 am

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Praxibetelix
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: 46&2's Malaysian Dead Leaf Mantis, (Deroplatys lobata)   1/10/2017, 9:49 am

That is so cute!
Back to top Go down
pannaking22
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: 46&2's Malaysian Dead Leaf Mantis, (Deroplatys lobata)   1/10/2017, 10:54 am

D. lobata is such a great species to keep! One of the best beginner mantids and it's beautiful as well.
Back to top Go down

46&2's Malaysian Dead Leaf Mantis, (Deroplatys lobata)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insect Boards.com :: Specific Insect, Invertebrate, and Arachnid Keeping and observation :: Praying Mantis / (Mantodea)-
Jump to: