Insect Boards.com
Welcome to Insect Boards.com. We are a forum and market place for insect collectors, breeders and observers as well as a place for those into arachnids, invertebrates and more. You are viewing the forum as a guest right now, but once registered and logged in it will be AD free, you will be able to buy, sell and trade in our classifieds area, post in our forums, and so much more.

HomeGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Do cicadas play dead?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
T.C.
Owner

PostSubject: Do cicadas play dead?   11/7/2016, 12:53 pm

Is it normal for cicadas to play "Dead" ? I found one our deck crammed in between a chair and a fence... I picked it up and moved it to a nearby railing... but it looked dead and didn't move? affraid However i came outside to eat my lunch about an hour later? It was gone... their was no wind and I don't think a bird could of got it where it was at?
Back to top Go down
http://www.insectboards.com
pannaking22
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: Do cicadas play dead?   1/8/2017, 11:04 am

They aren't very good at playing dead from what I've seen. Could have gotten picked off by a bird I suppose. It could have just been at the end of its life cycle too and had just enough energy to crawl away.
Back to top Go down

Do cicadas play dead?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insect Boards.com :: Specific Insect, Invertebrate, and Arachnid Keeping and observation :: True Bugs (Cicadas, Aphids, Leafhoppers, Shield Bugs etc / (Hemiptera)-
Jump to: