Insect Boards.com
Welcome to Insect Boards.com. We are a forum and market place for insect collectors, breeders and observers as well as a place for those into arachnids, invertebrates and more. You are viewing the forum as a guest right now, but once registered and logged in it will be AD free, you will be able to buy, sell and trade in our classifieds area, post in our forums, and so much more.

HomeGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Wood Beetle Larvae Damage:

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Insect Rod
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Wood Beetle Larvae Damage:   2/11/2017, 4:29 pm

Not sure of the species of several possibilities of wood beetle larva, but the damage to my shop wood table is clearly visible.
Insect rod
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Wood Beetle Larvae Damage:   2/12/2017, 11:09 am

Yeah, it would be pretty hard to identify what species of beetle. If I had to guess it may have been Hylotrupes bajulus larvae. However like you said, there is several possibilities.
Back to top Go down
http://www.insectboards.com
Insect Rod
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: Wood Beetle Larvae Damage:   2/12/2017, 9:11 pm

I never new they were in the wood until the end section of the table split and fell off. With one species possibly others you can hear the larvae eating the wood. This damage was more than likely several years ago.
Insect rod
Back to top Go down

Wood Beetle Larvae Damage:
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insect Boards.com :: Study of Insects, Invertebrates, and arachnids :: Study of Insects, Invertebrates, and arachnids-
Jump to: