Insect Boards.com
Welcome to Insect Boards.com. We are a forum and market place for insect collectors, breeders and observers as well as a place for those into arachnids, invertebrates and more. You are viewing the forum as a guest right now, but once registered and logged in it will be AD free, you will be able to buy, sell and trade in our classifieds area, post in our forums, and so much more.

HomeGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Camponotus pennsylvanicus queen and larvae

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
T.C.
Owner

PostSubject: Camponotus pennsylvanicus queen and larvae   11/3/2016, 11:26 pm

This queen just has larvae, put her into hibernation now. The colony will begin to grow again after I take them out of hibernation.

Not the best picture but I think you can see it clearly.

Back to top Go down
http://www.insectboards.com
I spell gud

PostSubject: Re: Camponotus pennsylvanicus queen and larvae   1/3/2017, 9:14 am

Why does this queen not have workers? My Camponotus pennsylvanicus normally get nantics at the very least before winter.
Back to top Go down
Canadian anter
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: Camponotus pennsylvanicus queen and larvae   1/3/2017, 9:30 am

This queen and many others this year were late flyers who were aborted from their nests because of lack of food. So they don't get workers until the following year
Back to top Go down
ant_genius

PostSubject: Re: Camponotus pennsylvanicus queen and larvae   1/13/2017, 2:33 pm

Nice queen. Is this the same late flyer from your other blog that you thought was too lean?
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Camponotus pennsylvanicus queen and larvae   1/13/2017, 4:09 pm

ant_genius wrote:
Nice queen. Is this the same late flyer from your other blog that you thought was too lean?

Yes it is. I found it preferred sugar water over honey, so she is a bit fatter now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.insectboards.com
ant_genius

PostSubject: Re: Camponotus pennsylvanicus queen and larvae   1/14/2017, 1:47 am

Oh, ok.
Back to top Go down

Camponotus pennsylvanicus queen and larvae
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insect Boards.com :: Specific Insect, Invertebrate, and Arachnid Keeping and observation :: Bees, Wasps, & Ants / (Hymenoptera)-
Jump to: