Insect Boards.com
Welcome to Insect Boards.com. We are a forum and market place for insect collectors, breeders and observers as well as a place for those into arachnids, invertebrates and more. You are viewing the forum as a guest right now, but once registered and logged in it will be AD free, you will be able to buy, sell and trade in our classifieds area, post in our forums, and so much more.

HomeGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Eastern Hercules Beetle:

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Insect Rod
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Hercules Beetle:   1/4/2017, 7:47 pm

Ok, nice to know we have egg to adult from your captive breed. I guess another 3 months max could be added to the adult life span from the 15 months to adult?
Looks like for now the only way I can put my hands on Dynastes tityus is to purchase a dead one, but I don`t think I will be paying the prices they are asking.
Maybe I can trade off a few Bess beetles for a large nice looking male D tityus.
insect rod
Back to top Go down
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Hercules Beetle:   1/5/2017, 7:05 pm

Insect Rod wrote:
Ok, nice to know we have egg to adult from your captive breed. I guess another 3 months max could be added to the adult life span from the 15 months to adult?
Looks like for now the only way I can put my hands on Dynastes tityus is to purchase a dead one, but I don`t think I will be paying the prices they are asking.
Maybe I can trade off a few Bess beetles for a large nice looking male D tityus.
insect rod

I'll bring the adults out of hibernation in late April and I expect them to live until at least October maybe later.

If you're interested, I'll have some L3's in another month. I've already sold my extra males and won't have any more until next fall.
Back to top Go down
mothman27
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Hercules Beetle:   1/5/2017, 8:08 pm

What is the price?

H. trisignata  -   E. imperialis   -   P. oculatrix   -   A. caesar
~-~-~-~-~Tim
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/loefflerlepidoptera
Insect Rod
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Hercules Beetle:   1/5/2017, 8:22 pm

Thanks Nathan, good to know you help keep the species going. I will keep my eyes open, I still think the possibility exist that we may have D tityus even though I haven`t seen one in over 14 years here. I may take a very close look at this around late April or May since our winters are generally shorter and the hibernation time is generally shorter in the wild.
I mostly study and photograph invertebrates, but I do keep some dead ones like I show from time to time.
When I get a chance I may take a photo of our old oak growth forest.
insect rod
Back to top Go down
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Hercules Beetle:   1/6/2017, 6:15 am

mothman27 wrote:
What is the price?

PM me.
Back to top Go down

Eastern Hercules Beetle:
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insect Boards.com :: Specific Insect, Invertebrate, and Arachnid Keeping and observation :: Beetles / (Coleoptera)-
Jump to: